Biodata is the term which is referred to the biographical data about work and life experiences. It is a one-to-two-page document consisting of specific factual information about an individual.
It encloses the details mainly about your biological information, which comprises all numbers, height, weight and date of birth along with gender, caste, religion, hobbies, date of birth, current employment details, education, current position, permanent address, etc.
Types of Biodata Format
Individuals or organizations use a biodata to request personal information. It is used for employment purposes, marriage purposes and education purposes. The pieces of information requested in a biodata are usually tailored to suit the context of the request.
1. Biodata format for marriage: Biodata for marriage is used to gain personal information about an individual looking for marriage. It is a document that highlights details like name, age, height, hobbies, skills etc.
2. Biodata format for jobs: A biodata format for jobs is a document used for candidates applying for a job. It is a similar document to a Resume or CV with minor changes. It contains details like education, skills, jobs, awards, certifications etc.
3. Biodata for education: It is a document similar to the resume and is applicable for high school or college students. It is used to apply for an internship or part-time job, or your first full-time job. It contains details like education, hobbies and professional qualifications.
Biodata Format for Marriage
Personal Summary: In this section, you can choose to describe yourself in a few words.
Personal Details: Include your name, age, physical features, location, hobbies, community, religion, Mangal dosha, gotra, education and languages known. In addition, you can also list some of your strengths and other relevant information that helps the recipient understand you better.
Family Background: Include your parent’s name and occupation, your sibling’s details, and their profession. Be proud of your family background and try to portray what your family members do.
Professional Details: Mention your company’s name and the position you hold. You can also add your yearly earnings (optional)
Educational Background: Add your education in chronological order. List your achievements and academic profile.
Appearance: Mention sections; Facial appearance, height, weight, build (skinny, athlete, etc.), eye colour and hair.
Lifestyle: Be clear about what lifestyle you hold. Mention your interests, smoking or drinking habits (if any), food choice ( veg or non-veg)
Partner Preferences: This section is essential for your partner to see if they stand any chance. Do not skip any information which you seem must-have in your partner. You could list something like; Hindu, confident, loves sports, facial features, professionally stable, vegetarian, animal lover, respectful etc.
Read More: Best Job Portals in India
Contact Information: Add your contact details like your email address, residential address, phone number and mobile number. You can also give details about your social media accounts.
I am a cheerful person with a happy and contented life and presently working for Amazon as a SALES MANAGER. I love dancing and have participated in various national level competitions. My folks reveal that I am a calm and self-observation young lady. I am not a party person but love exploring peaceful places. I love investing energy with my family and love cooking too. I trust in carrying on with life entirely and partaking in each second.
I am looking for a handsome professional with decent height based in Bangalore. He should be able to support my career and my choices in life. I seek a man who believes equality exists between a man and a woman. I have a modern outlook on life and believe in respecting parents and helping others. You should be an open-minded person and not have a smoking habit, and occasional drinking should not be an issue.
Biodata Format For Jobs
Objective: State the goals in 2-3 sentences and explain why you fit the job role. Make the interviewer understand your life objective and what qualities you have for the job.
Personal Details: Alike a resume or a CV, include personal information in the document like residence, contact details, marital status, nationality, religion, hobbies, character traits and strengths. Out of these, there may be only a few that the employer requires. Figure out what to include and what not to.
- List your education in chronological order.
- Keep the section simple.
- Mention your academic achievements listed on your job offer.
Skills: Mention your expertise in this section. Make sure your skills are relevant to the job you are applying for. It would be best to update this section according to different job applications and skills required by the organization.
- Give insight to the employer about your experience, which matches the requirements.
- Do not only add names of organizations you worked for.
- Add the skills that recruiters are looking for.
- Add any professional achievements and awards obtained during the tenure.
References: This section is entirely optional. Referenced are only added if the company has asked for it. Do not add the part if you are not listing any references.
Biodata Format for Education
· Name and Age: Include your full name and age.
· Contact Information: Add your contact details like your resident address and phone number. You can also give details about your social media accounts.
· Education: Include the name of the college/university and the degree you achieved. Also, mention your graduation year.
· Grades: Add your grades for semesters or accumulate them in a single section.
· Educational certifications: Add any certifications related to your field of study. Any abroad programs or any achievements you gained during your education.
· Department/ Faculty: Add details about your department.
· Achievements: Add details about any achievement at the school/college level
· Essential Skills: Add your expertise area in your field of study.
· Date and Signature: Mention the present date and signature.
Where is Biodata used?
A biodata sample can be used in many situations depending on the concept and its usage. Some of them are;
· Seeking a job
· Prospective marriage partner
· Form collecting personal data used in research or specific institutes.
· To apply for labour jobs in a few countries
· To apply for jobs for the government of India
What is the difference between a Biodata, Resume and CV?
BIODATA- A biodata is also used as an alternative word for a Resume or a CV in some countries. However, it also means a marriage resume or a supplement to resume in some form. Besides, it is based on factual information of an individual like name, date of birth, family details, gender, address, contact information, education details, etc.
RESUME – A resume focuses on professional and job-oriented details like qualifications and organizational scan with minimum and required personal snippet in not more than two pages.
CV – Whereas CV – a curriculum vitae is a more detailed one and used mainly by fresher’s who want to explain their whole academia and notable achievements. Unlike these two, Biodata is usually shown biographical details of a person.