Software engineering is one of the fastest growing fields in the world today and will continue to grow as more and more people need technology to live, work, and play. What are some of the highest-paying software engineering jobs out there and what should you do to get these jobs?
Software Engineering Jobs
Software engineering is a rapidly growing field with many opportunities for advancement. Here are the highest-paying software engineering jobs according to Indeed.com.
- Principal Software Engineer – $126,000/year
- Software Development Manager – $119,000/year
- Software Engineer – $114,000/year
- Software Architect – $113,000/year
- Manager of Software Engineering – $105,000/year
Read More: Biodata
Types of software jobs
There are a variety of types of software engineering jobs, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Here is a look at the three most common types of software engineering jobs:
Applications Development Jobs: This type of engineering job focuses on creating new applications or updating existing ones. These positions may require working with clients and developing software in a collaborative environment. The pay for this type of position depends on the experience and location of the individual.
Systems Development Jobs: systems developers design, develop, test, and maintain computer systems. They work in teams to create systems that meet customer needs. System development jobs may require expertise in programming languages, design patterns, database management systems, and networking protocols. The pay for this type of position depends on the experience and location of the individual.
Technical Support Jobs: Technical support engineers provide customer assistance by resolving technical issues. They may work in customer service centers or assist customers who are using the software they developed. The pay for this type of position depends on the experience and location of the individual.
Salary Range for Software Engineer
There is no definitive answer to this question as the salary range for software engineers can vary significantly based on experience, qualifications, and region. However, according to Indeed.com, the median salary for software engineers was $101,000 in May 2017. Additionally, Glassdoor.com reports that software engineer salaries generally range from $75,000 to $130,000.
The highest paying software engineering jobs typically require a doctoral degree in computer science or a related field, many years of experience, and excellent writing, programming, and problem-solving skills. Here are five of the highest-paying software engineering jobs.
How to Get a Job as a Software Engineer
If you’re looking for a career in software engineering, there are plenty of high-paying opportunities out there. In fact, the median annual salary for software engineers is $97,390, according to Forbes. That’s significantly higher than the median salary for all occupations ($60,530). Here are five tips to help you land one of the highest-paying software engineering jobs:
- Pursue a degree in computer science or related field.
A degree in computer science or related field is essential if you want to pursue a career in software engineering. This will give you the theoretical knowledge and skills necessary to develop software. However, not all degrees in computer science lead to careers as software engineers. If you have an interest in programming but don’t have a degree in computer science, consider pursuing a certification program like CompTIA A+ or Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD). These programs will teach you the basics of programming and help you build your resume as a skilled programmer.
- network and connect with potential employers.
Networking is key when searching for a job as a software engineer. Not only will it help you connect with potential employers, but it will also help you find the right position. A good networking strategy is to reach out to others who know what they’re doing in the computer industry and meet with them at job fairs, conferences, or other events. This can be a great way to learn about different positions available and get more information about prospective employers.
- build your portfolio Besides putting your resume online, it’s also important for software engineers to show off their talents through their portfolios. They should make sure that their portfolios are as professional as they can be. While it’s important to have a portfolio, it’s also important not to make it out to be more than what it is. You don’t want your portfolio to be the only thing that people see of you when looking for a position. Instead, let your resume and LinkedIn profile show what you are capable of doing.
- keep in touch with the school While you may have graduated from college years ago, if you still meet with the professor that you studied under, you should stay in contact with them. But don’t be overly persistent about it. It’s not necessary to visit the professor or visit their office every time you want to talk to them. There are other ways of keeping in touch, such as through emailing them from your personal emails or sending them a note on LinkedIn. You can also use this method if you were part of any professional societies and plan to continue being a part of a similar one.
- think of something that you want to change in your life This is a big one, and it’s also the scariest one. You want to be able to look back at your career and think that it was worth it, even if you only consider the positive aspects. Don’t kid yourself into thinking that everything will fall right into place or that you’ll turn out just fine for the rest of your life because you worked hard for years. You are going to make mistakes, but remember that you can’t build a company overnight. You don’t want this to be the number one thing on your mind while you’re doing it, either.
- Don’t be cheap when it comes to social media sites Use all of them! LinkedIn is really nice and professional, but what about Twitter? Facebook is fun and interactive, but only if you do it right! We use all three sites together to make sure that we stay connected throughout our careers so that we can be available to our customers. We also use them to stay updated on the latest industry news, what’s happening in the news, and other things that we find interesting so that when people ask us “What do you do?” we have an easy answer ready for them. Don’t be afraid to promote yourself online!
As you read this, you may be wondering what the best software engineering jobs are. After all, there are so many options out there. However, in order to make an informed decision, it is important to have a clear understanding of the different types of software engineering jobs and what they entail. In this blog section, we will discuss the highest-paying software engineering jobs and how you can qualify for them.
So what are the highest-paying software engineering jobs? According to the OnlineJobs Database, the highest-paying software engineering jobs are as follows:
- Software Engineer – Senior – Oracle Corporation – median salary $130,000
- Principal Software Engineer – IBM Corporation – median salary $130,000
- Software Development Manager – Amazon Web Services, Inc. – median salary $130,000
- Quality Assurance Manager – Adobe Systems Incorporated – median salary $130,000
- Director of Software Engineering – Facebook, Inc. – median salary $128,000